Thursday, January 7, 2016

Out and About


Hey Everyone!

So this is round #2 because apparently my computer hates me and loves to delete really long and thought out posts even thought they were supposedly saved. Man oh Man…the world of technology. Anyway I'll try to make this post as good as the last one, but knowing me it will be even better (hopefully). If you haven't read the post from Tuesday you definitely need to check it out HERE. I swear I've worn my coat for two days straight except when sleeping of course. It's been very very chilly here in Atlanta and part of me wishes for heat, but I'm excited for the bundled days ahead.


I wanted to talk about travel today because I am a travel junkie. I love new people, places, and experiences. There's something about it that is so magical and inspiring. Unlike other bloggers I follow, I have to go to school and can't travel to my hearts content whenever I want, but I breaks do help a lot. The type of travel I want to write about is the travel that doesn't take hundreds of dollars or miles to get there. It's a little like backyard travel, but more like using the resources you have to create your own adventures. I will one day travel to far away lands and have amazing experiences, but for now I'll do a different (but just as rewarding) type of travel.

Over the break I was able to visit my grandma in Atlantic Beach. It's a quite little town outside of Jacksonville with a lot of locals and big character. I've been coming here ever since I was a child, but I wanted to take advantage of the two days I was there to enjoy the beach (lucky me it was 80 degrees on christmas) and the little town. I walked on the beach with my parents in shorts, ate Hawaiian Ice  at our favorite little shop, and explored a record store to find oldies for my new player. It wasn't a new place, but I still was able to "travel" and experience.

My next stop was the mountains of North Carolina with my 3 best friends in the whole world. It was amazing getting away to such a beautiful place and having a couple of days with the friends I barely see. We were able to explore Asheville and hike in Brevard (there will be more on those later). We stayed with Anne Arden's grandma and paid next to nothing. It was so nice to breathe in the fresh mountain air and be surround with beautiful views.

After that I spent some time in my own city. Yes, travel can be just around the corner. Exploring your own city can be so fun because you can see it in a different light and discover new things that wouldn't normally catch your eye on a regular day. I walked on the Beltline along with exploring Ponce City Market and skating through Piedmont Park. No this isn't traveling across the world, but it is making do with what you have. Do you like this picture of me trying to be cute and then failing while trying not to fall? Cute right?
























Travel doesn't have to crazy wild adventures hundreds of miles away. Part of it is exploring and experiences now places and things. You can travel to visit a friend or take a day trip to a new city. You can find new things to do right where you are. Travel is almost like a state of mind and change of attitude. Sometime you just have to make the most out of what you have around you in order to get your travel fix.

I hope the rest of your week is amazing and that you keep smiling into the weekend. There are tons of new posts scheduled to be flooding in here, and my new photoshop will help a lot. There may also be another post day in the making (but that is all hush hush)! Stay tuned.


Where did you adventure to over the holidays?




No comments:

Post a Comment