Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Barbour Love



Hi everyone!

So I usually start off talking about the weather, and I'm not sure exactly why I do this. Maybe it's because everyone experiences weather so it is a way to connect, or maybe it is to remind you that I am still a human being and the weather affects my life too. Whatever it is, I don't want to mess with the flow now so I'll tell y'all that is it definitely starting to feel like winter. Those December days at 70 degrees are a thing of the past and winter is getting ready for battle. I am excited about this because it means no longer having to decide between shorts or pants in the morning before class. The answer will always be pants and a coat and boots for sure. I also get to finally start wearing my winter clothes that I love so much. Sweaters. Jeans. Scarves. Socks. Everything.


2016 has started a little slow but definitely with a couple of well needed relaxing days. A day in bed is not wasted, but sometimes I remember all that I really have to do and feel a little bad. This week is my get-stuff-done week that includes getting my phone screen fixed (so necessary), getting my haircut, fixing up the blog, installing photoshop, printing pictures, and most importantly spending as much time with my friends and family as possible. I am truly lucky that I have an extra week of break and am able to have so many days off to spend with people I love and not worrying about anything. That being said dreading the start new classes and actually working is on the list of things to do this week too unfortunately.

Today I wanted to share my favorite and I'm anticipating my most used item of the winter: My Barbour coat. It was definitely time for me to invest in a coat (and by invest I mean ask my parents to get it as a birthday gift). I have already worn it more than I can count on my fingers, and I think it will be the icing on the cake for most of my outfits in the future.




I recommend getting a size or two larger than normal so that when you wear it in extremely cold climates you layer and layer and layer. I have a light down jacket that fits perfectly underneath, but they also have a zip in vest that I hear keeps you nice and toasty. I would definitely get this coat if you are in the market for something to last you for a looooonngggg time. It's a little pricy but let me just tell you I think it's worth it. I'm also the person who 1) buys discount or resale OR 2) buys high quality to last forever. This coat will last for many years to come, and my dad is living proof. He's had his jacket for over 20 years (there is a slight tear in the elbow to give it character and show that he really does get his wear out of it). His is a navy color which also goes great with really anything.


You can find the coat at NordstromOrvis, & Onward Reserve. The coat I am wearing is the Beadnell Jacket, but there are other styles that are more fitted or have more pockets and such. My sister also has one of their quilted coats and loves it. You just cannot go wrong with Barbour. I hope your holidays were great, and I hope you are ready to start off a great year!






This is me and my pals in Asheville shopping. I'm wearing my beloved coat as you can see!!! What is your favorite item for the winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment