Thursday, August 13, 2015

Charleston Love

I have been so blessed with three friends I met at camp a couple of years ago. Camp friends are the best because you can't hide anything about yourself like you can in the real world. They see me in the mornings when I first wake up, when I am in bad moods, when I am overly happy and excited, and when I just need a hug. They are definitely my true friends, and I don't know where I'd be without them (shout out to Annie, Ellie, and Anne Arden)! Anyway the four of us decided that we would plan a trip before we went our separate ways in college. We started planning in hopes that our parents would agree to send us away to Charleston for the weekend to celebrate Anne Arden's 18th birthday (she's all grown up). Well it worked, and we had an amazing weekend filled with laughs, shopping, and amazing food!

We loved just walking around and seeing the beautiful houses that have so much character to them. I fell in love with some mansions with giant porches overlooking the water snd vines growing up the sides. The city is just so laid back and beautiful that I felt so calm and at peace walking along the battery. If you haven't taken a trip to Charleston you must plan one quick because it was one of my favorite places I've been all summer. Besides walking around, we shopped until we dropped on King Street. It has every store you could ever dream of shopping in along with the cutest little boutiques with unique styles all in one. Anne Arden went on a major shopping spree for her birthday and got a ton of clothes for college, and I even got jean cut offs and an adorable two piece. The restaurants where we ate were top notch as well. Ellie was the meal planner of the group and made sure every place we ate at gave us another taste of the eccentric city.  Overall the city was amazing for exploring and relaxing before the hustle and bustle of starting college and the end of summer.

If you haven't seen from my Instagram, (follow me @dearlybeautiful) we found amazing backdrops for pictures and especially loved the teal house as you can see. We went back two days in a row because it is not everyday that you find a colorful house like that. I hope you enjoy my ourfits and pictures from the trip! And here's a mini guide to the shopping, the exploring, and the food of Charleston. I hope you enjoy, and it will also be posted under the travels tab on the Blog. Check back next Tuesday for a first day of school post, and pictures of me 
wearing my favorite UGA t-shirt and new cut offs from Charleston!

Shopping on KING STREET- 
Vestique (My 2-piece came from here)
Kate Spade
Willy Jays
J. crew
Impeccable Pig
Bevello
Lilly Pulitzer
Steve Madden

Exploring
The Battery
The gorgeous houses along the water
The pineapple fountain
Dreaming about possibilities and mansions
The plantations (we didn't make it there in our short weekend trip but it is definitely on my list for my next trip to Charleston)

Food
Tattooed Moose
City Lights coffee
Caviar and Bananas
Stars
Fleet Landing
Hominy Grill
Kaminsky's
Macaroon Boutique


 



No comments:

Post a Comment