Tuesday, August 18, 2015

GO DAWGS!

I am proud to announce that I am part of the Bulldog family and have called Athens Georgia my home since last Tuesday. Move in day was a mess, we (mostly my dad and boyfriend) carried all of my bags and items up six flights of stairs to avoid the long wait for the elevator. Dorm life has treated me well so far. I love the fact that I have a little escape and a comfy bed waiting for me. My freedom is amazing, and the friends I have already made on my hall have become my go to girls. Dinning hall food on the other hand isn't my thing, but I am trying to give it a second chance. College life is such a big step out of my comfort zone, but I am so excited to take it on.



Since Wednesday, I have been in Recruitment pretty much all day. I don't remember a time when I woke up past 4:15 (crazy, I know). It's full of long days, emotionally draining conversations, and physically brutal walks (sometimes in heels) to every house. It has NOT been easy, but many of the active members have told me to, "trust the system and that it really works." I am trying to do just that. Trusting something that just seems so confusing and, I hate to say it, cut throat is so difficult. I alway want life to be fair and for things that happen to have reasons, but Rush doesn't give you these answers.

Along with Rush, school started yesterday. I have no idea where summer went! I mean it was just yesterday that I graduated from my high school, and now I am starting college. It is totally different too. I no longer have to go to school from 8 to 3 constantly waiting for the bell to ring. I'm on my own, and I get to make a schedule that fits me. I am still trying to discover how I am going to handle it all. I mean school, social life, sorority, washing clothes, and feeding myself along with getting involved around campus is a lot to fit into a schedule with only 24 hour in a day. I will definitely let you know how it turns out and start making tips on how to survive.

In my pictures today I am wearing my favorite and most comfortable UGA t-shirt, cut offs from Vestique, Tory Burch Sandels, and an old fringe bag from H&M (thank goodness I kept it from a couple years ago because fringe is definitely in again!). Hope you enjoy. Maybe some Rush dresses, prouduct analysis, random thoughts and outfit posts coming up. Don't forget to check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment