Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Intern




Hey friends! So I haven't been to a movie since this summer (I think), but there is just something about going to the theater, eating some popcorn, and chilling. There has been no time to go to the movies with everything going on, and the fact that I don't have a car doesn't help much. BUT my lovely sorority gave us a treat and rented out a theater to watch the new movie The Intern with Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro. Midterm week was last week so everyone was slammed with work, so this was a surprise to reward us for working so hard. Somehow I only had one test last week and managed to avoid a ton much stress.

The Intern. I was super excited about it because Anne Hathaway hasn't been in many movies recently. I'm in love with the Devil Wears Prada, and Anna and I have watched it 3 times since we've moved in. And going back a bit I love The Princess Diaries! I was so excited to see this movie especially after seeing previews. It just looked like a meaningful, funny, entertaining movie…and it definitely delivered and exceeded expectations. Fun fact: I am not an action movie girl (I hate killing and violence) or a horror movie type. So I really loved this movie!!!

The movie was about a 70 year old man wanting something to pass his time because he is widowed and retired. A internet start-up turned sensation started a program for senior (citizen) interns. Robert De Niro plays Ben the new intern and Anne Hathaway plays the creative, all-over-the-place founder who definitely supports girl power. Watch the trailer below to get a peek of what the movie is all about!


One thing I really did love about this movie was the amazing message to young women and working moms. It shows a lot of the realities for working moms, but encourages them that it can all work out. For young women (myself included), this movie inspires! I love the idea of having a simple thought and taking off with it! They mention a lot of the struggles women have in the workplace, and I love how this movie brings light to issues in a way that isn't so in-your-face. There are such great values and messages being sent to women everywhere from this movie!

That's all for today! Stay tuned and follow on Instagram @dearlybeautiful and Twitter @dearlybeauty!!!

What is your favorite movie? What movies have you seen recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment