Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Blogs for the Everyday Diva


I don't even know how I started following blogs. I guess one day I just found one, liked it, and went with it. I always loved the idea of getting a snippet of other peoples' lives and getting away from my own for a little while. I had an obsession with reading every post starting from the beginning, so when I got the idea to start one myself I had gathered so much research from successful blogs. In every blog with every post the writer gives a little piece of themselves. Its scary and nerve-wracking, but I have been inspired by every single one of them. Blogging seems so small and unimportant, but I have seen the way it has touched me and touches girls everywhere. So THANK YOU to the women who have written every blog post I have read. Thank you for showing me your life and inspiring me everyday. Keep it up!

The first blog I followed was J's Everyday Fashion. I love how she takes high fashion outfits and makes them affordable. I am a big fan of resale shops, hand-me-downs, and shopping on a budget because you can really get creative with your outfit.

Shortly after I found Carly's College Prepster blog and fell in love with how honest and relatable she is. Carly is a southerner who followed her dreams to NYC, and she inspires me so much. She is hard working, and really advocates for women in her own way. I have probably been most loyal to College Prepster from the beginning because of the truth she puts into her posts. I haven't missed a single post in 3 years. Carly is also so amazing at connecting with her readers. She responds to every email she gets, and it's a total fan girl moment when you find a response in your inbox (trust me)!

From Carly I found Mackenzie with Design Darling who has the cutest style. She mixes an adorable fashion sense (dominated by navy) and chic home styling. She even started her own online boutique. Later came Maxie Mccoy who has the most inspiring advice for everyone, and she strives to be a voice for girls everywhere. You can't miss her red hair and signature red lipstick, and you'll be just as jealous as I am when she shares her travels. She has seriously made me want to go to Thailand and India.

Along the way I have followed Lovely Pepa, Raspberry and Red (Love, Love, Love this one), and Wendy's Lookbook. Raspberry and Red caught my attention because Weronika is a girl who just started blogging because she wanted to. She was a high schooler going though what I was but on the other side of the world. Definitely check it out!

Last couple of blogs I love are A Beautiful Mess which was one of the first blogs I followed. It is run by two sisters who love crafts and focus on the amazing imperfections of the world. They make me want to be so creative and DIY my whole life! The last blog I want to talk about is Atlantic-Pacific. Just look at the pictures and you'll die. I just want her whole closet, and I want to look that amazing in the clothes too.

All of these bloggers have inspired me with their stories and the parts of their lives they choose to show. They are the kinds of people you want to be friends with because they are so cool. I only hope that I can give what they have given to me through my blog. Please go check out these blogs. I love reading them everyday, and I know you will love them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment