Thursday, December 24, 2015

10 Things to do on Christmas

It's official…I'm the worst. I haven't blogged in 2 weeks. Wow how can I call yourself a blogger if I don't blog. Yikes. Well I apologize, but if you just bare with me, I promise it is coming. I'm planning some new and exciting things that will put me more in tune with the blogging world. I want to change the look a little and start connecting more with others.

Essentially, the past couple of months have been a test run. To 1) see if I could do it…which has turned out good, but has allowed me to realize that I MUST keep on top of posts AND 2) to see if blogging was worth my time and energy. I love it. I really do, but I know it will take a lot of time and I know I'm spreading myself thin next semester. I'll have to plan ahead (something I'm not good at) and really just keep trusting myself and my content.

So I was making a gift guide, but after a couple days without finishing it I stopped because christmas is a 2 days away. At this point if you don't have a gift…you most likely are exactly like me and will homemake something OR add your name to someone else's gift. Then you will probably swear to yourself that next year you are getting a head start on your shopping only for it to happen again. Someday I'll be ready for Christmas. This is one of character flaws for sure. I have some amazing ideas and I love being creative, but the execution is really tough for me.

To finish off this post here are the TOP 10 THINGS YOU MUST DO ON CHRISTMAS AND CHRISTMAS EVE:

1. Wear Christmas PJs preferably matching with the fam
2. Leave Milk an Cookies for Santa (I don't care how old you are!)
3. Read the Christmas Story…you must remember the REAL reason for the season
4. Get in bed early…only to lay awake anticipating the next day's fun
5. Build a Fire (i'll in Florida so this probably won't happen)
6. Family card game
7. Be the one that hands out all of the gifts in the morning
8. Dress up in a Christmas outfit for a special lunch or dinner
9. Text or call friends wishing them a Merry Christmas
10. Watch It's A Wonderful Life and hug your mother when she cry (shoutout to my mom)

I love Christmas and it's ability to bring people together. My family is crazy, but I love them and the time I get to spend with them especially now that I'm away at college. I also have seen a lo of my high school friends which is amazing. I love catching up and realizing that it doesn't even seem like we've been apart. I'm headed down to the beach where I will most likely be wearing shorts and walking on the beach due to the extremely hot weather…then I'm headed to the mountains with my camp friends. I'm pumped to be in colder weather and brush up on my skiing skills. Stay tuned. I promise I'm still blogging.

Have a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy every moment!


 What are your favorite Christmas traditions? One of my friends always sleeps in the same room as her siblings on Christmas Eve…How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment