Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Finals...Gross

Hey Friends,

If you are in school, finals are probably killing you. I know I'm either stressed out because of all the work and studying I have, or procrastinating which stresses me out even more. Well there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Even if your grades don't turn out the way you want them too, Christmas break is so close you can feel it and your cozy bed at home is in reach.

I'm taking a study break right now, in between studying for Psych and finishing my English portfolio. Man oh man, I hate studying, and I think the holiday season is kinda bummed down because everyone is too busy trying to save their grades to celebrate. I thought I'd make a list of study break ideas that could help you from burning out and letting finals get the best of you.

1. Exercise or take a walk
         I spent 5 hours studying in the student center today, and after that I definitely needed a break to clear my mind. I went to the gym and worked out which made me feel so much better, and gave my brain a little rest. Plus today was beautiful in Athens and perfect for a stroll.

2. Catch up with a friend
       Yes everyone is in the same place as you, and they also need a break. Text a friend that you haven't seen in a while and have lunch at a dinning hall or coffee at Starbucks. It will take your mind off of your tests, and it will be nice company.

3. Send encouraging texts and letters to your friends.
       Again everyone is in the same boat as you, and saying some nice words to a friend not only makes them feel special and loved in a tough time but it also make you feel good. Take the time to encourage those in your classes and on your hall.

4. Blog...or Journal
     In my case, blogging is my study break, but you can still write even if you don't have a wildly successful blog like mine (ha. ha.). Take out that journal sitting in your drawer, and write about you whats going on in your head and your heart. Getting things on paper can help you fee relieved and ready to take on new challenges.

5. Think about what makes studying worth it/ your goals for the future.
     Right now it can seem that your (well my) Human Geography or History class have no significance what-so-ever in your life. It is so hard to relate the minimal things in your life to the dreams and aspirations you want so dearly. Take time to really think about what you want in the future and realize that achieving that goal starts now with the classes you are taking. Everything is leading towards your future so make it count.

On this same subject about future, my small group leader showed me this video today. It is bouncing around Facebook too, so you may have already seen it. It is Stefan Vandenkooy (cool name) reading spoken word. He mentions that although we are taking finals now, later we will be faced with other finals, and God is there to help us. It is really powerful and convicting. Check it out. It is totally worth it.


I hope your week is going great, and I'm putting together some gift guides on a budget because I definitely do not have the money to spend on expensive gifts for the fam. They will have to just do with my love and my awesome taste. Thanks for stopping by as usual.

How do you take a study break?

No comments:

Post a Comment