Tuesday, December 29, 2015

It's Just Cake

I'm a weirdo if you haven't realized it yet, and I can just see Anna looking at her computer screen thinking "ya and I have to live with her." Well anyway, I was just about to doze off into a deep sleep when my crazy brain decided to come up with a blog post idea. SO here I am at 1:30 in the morning thinking about cake. Not because I'm a fattie and eat cake all the time (although I do love cake) but because over the holidays I worked at Piece of Cake. It's the best cake company ever, and the cakes are literally to die for.

I walked into my first day of work very nervous. I didn't want to be late, and I wanted to make a good first impression to hopefully secure a holiday job for Christmas breaks to come. Ann one of the workers there showed me around, handed me a red t-shirt, and made me feel right at home. Then she explained that especially around the holidays things can get kind of crazy and people can be very rude, but the thing she said next stuck with me enough lie awake thinking about cake. She said "There's one thing you have to remember about it all, is that it's just cake."

Wow, I realized what she meant after a couple of rude and cranky costomers came in complaining about cakes and blaming it on the workers (when clearly it wasn't us). People get really heated about cake. Like really upset. It got me thinking about what the cake was in my life…or the things that I get worked up over and the little things I make into huge deals.  My cake is definitely what others think of me. My cake is the things I cannot control like others people actions. My cake is trying to make everything perfect when that is clearly impossible. These things matter, but aren't the end of the world by any means. They are parts of my life that I should be making joy and love and happiness, but instead creating problems.

It's just cake... So I should take a deep breath, remember the things I'm thankful for and the amazing things that I have in my life, and realize that cake isn't the end of the world. Take a second to think about your "cake" and all of the little things that mean so little in the long run. Enjoy the rest of the break or enjoy this holiday season because it's not over yet!

I'm so excited for New Years and starting new. Thanks for reading! Have an amazing day. Plus there will be new posts about my break travels!!! Keep checking!

 What was your favorite part of Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment